Saturday, April 7, 2012

Finding Peace

(A side note thought...)

I can't beleive it has already been 2 weeks in Bali. Shockingly the sweaty hot days and slow pace attitude still has made time fleet. Soon this trip will seem like a dream. The kind you never forget because of what you've learned and the emotions that have arrised. I came to Bali to make a difference...even if miniscule...and also to find some sort of inner peace with myself. Something I haven't been able to locate in a long time.

Uluwatu temple



Being with Marisa, Meg, and Tabitha, working as a team at BAWA, and having a good time like 4 young chicks should do...I can never ask for anything more. I am certainly lucky to have gone this far in my life...






But why is it so hard to be satisfied?  I only yearn to do more with the very little I have to make some impact on the world..no matter where it be. Maybe I've created a new addiction like those darn salaks or "snake fruits" (I just can't get enough of them). Next year I'll be doing some other project...

Padang Padang beach


For now, I am going to indulge in the beautiful scenery...the mountains...the beaches...the Bali dogs...the culture of the Balinese...all the crazy jungle sounds in the morning that wake me up relentlessly at 6 am. This is our last week at BAWA...

No comments:

Post a Comment